1. Use of Site Content. The Site may be used only for your personal or information purposes of a non-commercial nature. Other than as expressly permitted in the next paragraph, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, license, modify, translate, adapt, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise exploit the Site or any content, information, software, products or services obtained from the Site without our prior written permission.
You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material on the Site, electronically copy, download onto your personal computer, mobile device or other technology used to access the Site, and print single hard copy portions of the material from the Site solely for your own internal, noncommercial, lawful use. If you make other use of the Site, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
You may not (a) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Site or any portion thereof, or (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, any portion thereof or any other computer systems or social media or mobile platforms through the Site. You agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site. Use of any of our Site made available through a third-party platform is also subject to the platform’s applicable terms and conditions.
Our Site may contain additional terms and conditions, for example, terms and conditions applicable to registration, donations, volunteers and our events, all of which are incorporated by reference herein. Please carefully review all such additional terms and conditions.
2. Unsolicited Submissions; Accuracy of Information. Any non-personal information, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics or material you submit to us by email, download, or otherwise (“Unsolicited Submission”) is non-confidential. You understand that by providing an Unsolicited Submission to us, you grant to us and our designees a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully-transferable, assignable and sublicenseable right and license to use, distribute, copy, reproduce, disclose, transmit, modify, translate, adapt, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publish and/or display in any format or medium and otherwise exploit all such Unsolicited Submission (in whole or in part), including all data, images, creative works, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein, for any and all commercial or noncommercial purposes.
We have no obligation to review or use any Unsolicited Submissions or to keep them confidential, but if we elect to use them, we are free to use and repurpose such Unsolicited Submission for any purpose, without any compensation to you. We do not waive any rights it may have to similar or related ideas previously known to it or developed by its employees and representatives, or obtained from sources other than you. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the information you submit to us. You agree to provide accurate and truthful information. You agree to promptly notify us if information you provided becomes or is discovered to be inaccurate, untruthful or misleading.
- 3. Intellectual Property. We and our licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Site, all the text, content, graphics, interfaces, code and materials thereon, the look and feel, selection and arrangement, design and organization of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to all intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership in or rights to of any of the foregoing. The Site is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States’ and other copyright laws, and is the property of Charlotte Heptathlon or our licensors. The collective work includes works that are licensed to us. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, displayed trademarks, corporate logos, services marks, trade names and emblems (collectively, the “Marks”) are subject to the trademark rights of, and are proprietary to, Charlotte Heptathlon or its licensors, partners or affiliates. We do not grant any license or other authorization to use the Marks except through a separate written license agreement.
- 6. Disclaimer. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS THEREON, ARE EACH PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, CHARLOTTE HEPTATHLON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. CHARLOTTE HEPTATHLON DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CHARLOTTE HEPTATHLON DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF CONTENT ON THE SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO ITS COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 9. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is operated out of the United States. The Site may not be available to users outside of the United States. Charlotte Heptathlon makes no representation that materials or information on the Site are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States, and access to them from jurisdictions where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site outside of the United States do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export any materials on the Site in violation of United States’ or any other jurisdiction’s export, re-export, or import laws and regulations.